In This Series
- How to Navigate Uncertain Times
- How to Navigate Uncertain Times - Part 2
- Lessons in the Storm
- A Doubting Thomas Kind of Easter
- Mother's Day Panel 2017
- God Made You to Shine
- Mother's Day Service 2018
- What is Pentecost?
- Pray For Our Enemies
- Building Something That Lasts
- Rest in Your Soul
- The Nature of Man
- Life is Like a Roller Coaster
- Be Like Jesus
- Redeemed from the Curse
- Being Doers
- More Leaders Leading
- In Touch With Your Calling
- A Thanksgiving Sacrifice
- Remembering for the Future
- Focus - Fasting & Prayer
- Being the 2.5
- Miracles & Grace
- Experiencing Revival
- Embracing the Upside-Down
Stand Alone Messages (27)
Sunday, August 28, 2016
Jay & Heather Bean
Selfies are a regular part of our culture as people are searching for acceptance and approval. In this message pastor Jay emphasizes that we need to be accepting but there is a difference between accepting & approval. As christians our priority should be to be others focused, this message shares 4 ways to help us do that.
Daniel 6:3 – Now Daniel so distinguished himself among the administrators and the satraps by his exceptional qualities that the king planned to set him over the whole kingdom.
James 1:27 (Message) – Real religion, the kind that passes muster before God the Father, is this: Reach out to the homeless and loveless in their plight…
1. We are blessed to be a blessing.
- Genesis 12:2 (NLT) – I will bless you…and you will be a blessing to others.
2. When we bless others, God takes care of our needs.
- Luke 18:29-30 (GW) – I guarantee this. Anyone who gives up anything for the kingdom of God will certainly receive many times more in this life and will receive eternal life in the next world to come.
- Luke 6:38 (Message) – Give your life away and you’ll find your life given back. But not merely given back. Given back with bonus and blessing.
3. The more we are blessed by God the more He expects us to help others.
- Luke 12:48 (LB) – …Much is required from those to whom much is given. For their responsibility is greater.
FOUR RESPONSIBILITIES OF GRACE CHURCH
Colossians 1:28-29 – We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone perfect in Christ. To this end I labor, struggling with all his energy, which so powerfully works in me.
1. Reach them.
- Luke 14:23 (LB) – Go out into the country…and urge anyone you find to come in, so that My house will be full.
2. Warn them.
- Romans 2:4 – …God’s kindness leads you toward repentance.
- Proverbs 27:17 – As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
3. Teach them.
- Ephesians 4:11-13 – He gave some to be apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers to prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
4. Help them reach their full potential.
- Ephesians 2:10 – For we are God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.