In This Series
- How to Navigate Uncertain Times
- How to Navigate Uncertain Times - Part 2
- Lessons in the Storm
- A Doubting Thomas Kind of Easter
- Mother's Day Panel 2017
- God Made You to Shine
- Mother's Day Service 2018
- What is Pentecost?
- Pray For Our Enemies
- Building Something That Lasts
- Rest in Your Soul
- The Nature of Man
- Life is Like a Roller Coaster
- Be Like Jesus
- Redeemed from the Curse
- Being Doers
- More Leaders Leading
- In Touch With Your Calling
- A Thanksgiving Sacrifice
- Remembering for the Future
- Focus - Fasting & Prayer
Stand Alone Messages (23)
Sunday, July 16, 2017
God Made You to Shine
Jay & Heather Bean
GOD MADE YOU TO SHINE
1. GOD IS LIGHT
1 John 1:5 (NKJV) – This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
- GOD BEING LIGHT MEANS HE IS EVERYWHERE EXCEPT WHERE HE IS SHUT OUT.
- GOD BEING LIGHT MEANS HE HAS THE FIRST AND LAST WORD.
Genesis 1:3 – Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light.
Revelation 5:22 (NKJV) – There shall be no night there: They need no lamp nor light of the sun, for the Lord God gives them light. And they shall reign forever and ever.
- GOD BEING LIGHT MEANS HE IS ALWAYS GOOD.
James 1:17 – Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
- GOD BEING LIGHT PROVIDES OUR PROTECTION
Psalm 27:1 – The Lord is my light and salvation. The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2. WALKING IN THE LIGHT
1 John 1:5-7 – This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
3. AS WE WALK IN LIGHT WE BRING LIGHT TO A DARK WORLD.
Matthew 5:13-16 (NKJV) – You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men. You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.