In This Series
- How to Navigate Uncertain Times
- How to Navigate Uncertain Times - Part 2
- Lessons in the Storm
- A Doubting Thomas Kind of Easter
- Mother's Day Panel 2017
- God Made You to Shine
- Mother's Day Service 2018
- What is Pentecost?
- Pray For Our Enemies
- Building Something That Lasts
- Rest in Your Soul
- The Nature of Man
- Life is Like a Roller Coaster
- Be Like Jesus
- Redeemed from the Curse
- Being Doers
- More Leaders Leading
- In Touch With Your Calling
- A Thanksgiving Sacrifice
- Remembering for the Future
- Focus - Fasting & Prayer
- Being the 2.5
- Miracles & Grace
- Experiencing Revival
- Embracing the Upside-Down
- Living in Babylon
Stand Alone Messages (28)
Sunday, November 20, 2016
How to Navigate Uncertain Times - Part 2
Jay & Heather Bean
Pastor Jay shares 2 examples of waiting to teach us that we should be God-focused & others-focused when waiting on God’s plan and timing.
HOW TO NAVIGATE UNCERTAIN TIMES – PART 2
In uncertain times we often find ourselves in a place of waiting. How do we navigate waiting well?
Daniel was God-focused as he waited on God in Babylon.
- Daniel 6:10 – Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.
Paul was others focused as he waited in prison.
- Philippians 1:7-8 – It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.
How to wait on the Lord:
- Philippians 4:8 – Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.
- Psalm 37:7 – Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him.
- Acts 16:25-26- About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them. Suddenly there was such a violent earthquake that the foundations of the prison were shaken. At once all the prison doors flew open, and everyone’s chains came loose.
Speaking the name of Jesus
- Psalms 52:9 – I will praise You forever, Because You have done it; And in the presence of Your saints I will wait on Your name, for it is good.
Standing on His promises
- Psalm 130:5 – I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in His word I do hope.
- Habakkuk 2:4 (MSG) – If it seems slow in coming, wait. It’s on its way. It will come right on time.
Looking to the Lord for Help
- Micah 7:7 – But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.
- Psalm 121:1 – I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
Let God defend you
- Proverbs 20:22 – Do not say, “I’ll pay you back for this wrong!” Wait for the Lord, and he will avenge you.
- Lamentations 3:25-26 – The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
- Proverbs 18:21 – The tongue has the power of life and death and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Worship, prayer and fasting
- Acts 13:2-3 – While they were worshiping the Lord and fasting, the Holy Spirit said, “Set apart for me Barnabas and Saul for the work to which I have called them.” So after they had fasted and prayed, they placed their hands on them and sent them off.
- Galatians 2:1-2 – Then after fourteen years, I went up again to Jerusalem, this time with Barnabas. I took Titus along also. I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.
Waiting on the Lord is a form of spiritual warfare
- Ephesians 6:13 – Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.