In This Series
Instructions From a Spiritual Father (4)
Sunday, June 25, 2017
How to Treat Others
Jay & Heather Bean
Pastor Jay continues with his series out of 1 & 2 Timothy, where Paul gives Timothy instructions as his spiritual father. He emphasizes on how we are to treat others – with prayer, kindness, honor and carefulness.
INSTRUCTIONS FROM A SPIRITUAL FATHER
PAUL TO TIMOTHY: FOUR THEMES FOUND IN 1 & 2 TIMOTHY
- STAY FAITHFUL
- INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO TREAT OTHERS
- 1 Timothy 2:1 – The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know.
- 1 Timothy 5:1 – Don’t be harsh or impatient with older men, speak with respect and honor
- 1 Timothy 5:2 – Honor younger woman like your sister
- 1 Timothy 5:1 – Honor older woman like your mom
- 1 Timothy 5:3 – Take care of destitute widows
- 2 Timothy 2:24 – Gentle to all, able to teach and patient
- 1 Timothy 5:17 – Give honor to leaders who do a good job, especially teaching
- 2 Timothy 1:8 – Don’t be embarrassed to speak up for God or spiritual fathers
- 1 Samuel 2:30 – The Lord declares: ‘Far be it from me, for those who honor me I will honor, and those who despise me shall be lightly esteemed.
- Deuteronomy 5:6 – Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God commanded you, that your days may be long, and that it may go well with you in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
- 1 Peter 2:17-19 – Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.
- 1 Timothy 5:19 – Don’t listen to unfounded complaints against leaders
- 1 Timothy 5:23 – Don’t worry too much about your critics