In This Series
I Have Decided (4)
Sunday, January 29, 2017
To Focus on Relationships
Jay & Heather Bean
Pastor Jay teaches on the importance of relationships we have in our lives today. How we can nurture, restore, and initiate the ones in our lives to not walk this life alone.
I HAVE DECIDED: PART 3 – TO FOCUS ON RELATIONSHIPS
WHY WALK ALONE?
Ecclesiastes 4:8 – There was a man all alone; he had neither son nor brother. There was no end to his toil, yet his eyes were not content with his wealth.
- Don’t know any better
- Past Experiences
I HAVE DECIDED
1 Peter 4:7-11 – The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self-controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
1. To nurture my important relationships.
- Colossians 2:19 – …the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.
2. To restore my broken relationships.
- Romans 12:17-18 – Do not repay anyone evil for evil…If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.
3. To sever any harmful relationships.
- Proverbs 27:19 (GN) – A mirror reflects a man’s face but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses.
- Proverbs 13:20 – He who walks with the wise grows wise, but a companion of fools suffers harm.
- 2 Corinthians 6:14 – Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
4. To initiate some meaningful relationships.
- Hebrews 10:25 – Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another–and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Relationship with a church.
Relationship with a Fusion Group.
Relationship with a ministry team.
Relationship with God.