In This Series
- Session One, The Basics
- Session Two, What Jesus Said
- Session Three, The Body, Part One
- Session Four, The Body, Part Two
- Session Five, Leadership in the Ekklesia
- Session Six, Leading and Following
- Session Seven, Ministers and Ministry, Part One
- Session Eight, Ministers and Ministry, Part Two
- Session Nine, The Ministry Mosaic
ekklesia: Identity. Purpose. Involvement. Priority. (9)
Sunday, May 21, 2023
Session Five, Leadership in the Ekklesia
In almost every way that the world works there is always comparision, and the church is not immune to this! We often find ourselves comparing worship, or teaching, or ministries, or facilities, or children’s programs as we visit or travel from church to church.
But, as the Apostle Paul shows us in the book of 1 Corinthians, churches follow Jesus — Paul, who has written so much of the New Testament, follow’s Jesus. And no matter who the leader is, or how amazing the program within the church is, if they are not a servant first, then they are only accomplishing things through their own strength…and that won’t last.