In This Series
- Lord of All - Series Introduction
- Session One - Understanding "Lordship"
- Session Two - Lordship Realities
- Session Three - More Than Words
- Session Four - The Soil of Lordship
- Session Five - The Lord of Resources
- Session Six - The Lord of Relationships (Part One)
- Session Seven - The Lord of Relationships (Part Two)
- Session Eight - The Lord of "Rights"
- Lord of All, Extra Insights
Lord of All (10)
Sunday, September 25, 2022
Session Two - Lordship Realities
Through the course of John chapter 6 we see a slow change that occurs through the narrative. Initially Jesus was popular, there was plenty of food for all, and the message he shared had a deep impact on those who heard it. Then towards the end, the teaching was more challenging and food wasn’t as abundant. This resulted in many of Christ’s followers leaving him!
This often is like church for us today. The initial revelation of Christ as our Savior — we receive his forgiveness, we are cleansed, and we have a new hope and future. But as our walk continues in our faith, we often find ourselves being challenged and corrected by our Lord in many things and we often aren’t willing to give up or change some (or most) of those things.
This Sunday Pastor Tim, walks us through the text and shows us how, even then, many people had difficulties accepting the Lordship of Jesus.