In This Series
- The Holy Spirit: Is He a Person?
- The Holy Spirit: Is He Pentecostal?
- The Holy Spirit: 3 Baptisms
- The Holy Spirit: Is He Charismatic?
- The Holy Spirit: What About This Tongues Thing?
- Who is He?
The Holy Spirit (6)
Sunday, July 24, 2016
The Holy Spirit: Is He Charismatic?
Jay & Heather Bean
Pastor Jay shares about different spiritual gifts.
IS HE CHARISMATIC? (Part 5)
Charisma is the instantaneous enablement of the Holy Spirit in the life of a Spirit filled believer to exercise a gift for the edification of others.
The word “charismatic” comes from the greek word “charisma”, which means grace gift. If you have a gift God gave you by grace, you are charismatic.
1 Corinthians 12:1
Pnuematikos- spirituals; empowered by breath or wind (mighty rushing wind).
4 Places Spiritual Gifts are mentioned in Scripture
Motivational Gifts: Romans- 12:6-8
Manifestation Gifts: 1 Corinthians -12:7-11 & 1 Corinthians 14
Ministerial Gifts: Ephesians- 4:11
- Romans 12:6-8
- Ephesians 4:11
- 1 Corinthians 12:7-11
Manifestation Gifts of 1 Corinthians 12
The Discerning Gifts
- Word of Knowledge: To know something specific without knowing it by natural means.
- Word of Wisdom: A divine answer or solution for a particular event.
- Discerning of Spirits: To be made aware of the presence of a demonic spirit.
The Declarative Gifts
- Prophecy: A message of encouragement from God to a person. It always brings edification, exhortation and comfort to others.
- Tongues: A message from God in a language unknown to the person through whom the message comes.
- Interpretation of Tongues: Understanding and expressing the thought or the intent of the message in tongues. It is an interpretation, not a translation.
- 1 Corinthians 14:4-5
The Dynamic Gifts
- Faith: A supernatural impartation of belief and confidence for a specific situation.
- Gifts of Healings: Supernatural endowments of divine health.
- Working of Miracles: Divine intervention that alters natural circumstances. God still does miracles today because He is a miraculous God.