In This Series
Four Cups (4)
Sunday, October 02, 2016
The Cup of Praise
Jay & Heather Bean
Pastor Jay Bean shares about the fourth cup in our Four Cups series which covers the basics of four key promises God makes for our lives.
The Cup of Praise (Part 4)
Exodus 6:6-7 – Therefore, say to the Israelites: “I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians. I will free you from being slaves to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with mighty acts of judgment. I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God, who brought you out from under the yoke of the Egyptians.
The Cup of Sanctification: Bringing people to Christ
The Cup of Deliverance: Fusion Groups
The Cup of Redemption: Growth Track
The Cup of Praise: Serving Together on our Dream Team
The Un-Lived Life
- John 10:10 (TLB) – The thief’s purpose is to steal, kill and destroy. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness.
We let our past cripple us
- Psalm 38:4, 6 – My guilt has overwhelmed me like a burden too heavy to bear… I am bowed down and brought low.
We let culture define us
- Galatians 1:10 – Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.
We try to do it all alone
- Ecclesiastes 4:8 – There was a man all alone; he had neither son nor brother. There was no end to his toil, yet his eyes were not content with his wealth.
The Cup of Praise
Exodus 6:7 – I will take you as my own people, and I will be your God.
1. It begins with a calling
- 2 Timothy 1:9 (MSG) – (God) saved us and then called us to this holy work. We had nothing to do with it. It was all his idea, a gift prepared for us in Jesus long before we knew anything about it.
I want to make a difference.
2. It stands on a cause
- Acts 20:24 (NLT) – But my life is worth nothing to me unless I use it for finishing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus—the work of telling others the Good News about the wonderful grace of God.
Doing something that makes a difference.
3. It spreads from me to we – community
- Ecclesiastes 4:9 – Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor.
With people who want to make a difference.
A Final Thought
Matthew 26:26-29 – While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.” Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you… I tell you, I will not drink of this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it anew with you in my Father’s kingdom.”
Jesus Himself will drink the final cup with you and me.
Revelation 19:9 – Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!